Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coco Key

One of our Christmas presents from the Willards was a night at the indoor waterpark Coco Key.  Owen couldn't wait for our mini vacation as he called it.  The first day there we had so much fun playing I didn't even take any pictures.  Owen had a blast of course, but Teagan was overwhelmed by all the people and noise.  I think she was happiest taking a nap on one of our laps.  That night we met up with Grumpa and Mimi for dinner and before we made the short trip back to the hotel both kids were passed out.  I had to take this picture of them sleeping.  Teagan in all her chubby thigh glory, and Owen with his underwear on backwards so that "the superhero is in the front"!  They are too cute.
Although Teagan would have been excited to see Mimi anyway, I think she was relieved when she came so that she could get out of the water.  She is such a snuggle-bug.
I tried to get my one cameo shot to prove that I really am at all these things with my family, but Mike was in the room sick, Owen ran off to play, and Teagan was screaming to get out of the water.  Oh well.
The picture above might explain one reason Teagan wasn't too fond of the waterpark.  Just as Owen and I were in the shallow water trying to aclimate our baby girl, I heard this clinking sound warning that the bucket was about to dump.  I had no idea the amount of water that was about to pour down on us until I turned around just in time to hurl myself on top of Teagan.  Seriously, the water hurt as it hit my back and I can't even imagine what it would have done had it directly hit her instead of me.  That being said, Owen of course loved standing in all the water coming down and would listen for the warning sound so he could run over.
Teagan was perfectly content sitting with her baby watching for Mimi and Owen to come around in the Lazy River.
I can't tell you how many times the Big O and I raced down these yellow slides together.  He kept saying things like, "Ok Mama, we just raced seven times, now we have to race fourteen more times."
Despite Daddy getting the 24 hour bug and Teagan freaking out just a little bit, I would say we had a great time.  Thanks again Mimi and Grumpa!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your kids are adorable, Jamie. Absolutely adorable.