A couple of weeks ago I had a self portrait in an exhibition called In Your Face as part of Providence Gallery Night. It was a compilation of 8.5 x 11" self portraits of women and girls from all over the world, but mostly RI. In fact, quite a few students from Mike's school participated. This was a fun exhibition to be a part of because a self portrait can be interpreted in so many ways.
They had a table set up where you could make your own self portrait and then put it up. Although Owen didn't make a self portrait, he did do the two drawings to the left of him.
That is my self portrait in the middle.
I liked this one a lot. It is made out of bird seeds.
Owen saw a photographer from the paper standing on the bench to get a better view, so he wanted to "see the view" too.
This was the day that Teagan got her stitches if you can believe that. What a busy day that was, and I had to work on top of everything, although I obviously left early to take Teagan to the Urgent Care. If you look closely you can see her band aid on her forehead. The adorable peace hat was a gift from my friend Nancy.
And now the moment you have been waiting for... my self portrait::
{I also made the frame with artwork from Papaya.}










No comments:
Post a Comment