A couple of months ago I learned about an organization called Dining For Women, when they donated $15,000 to my friend's non profit Longitude. I thought the concept behind their work sounded like so much fun and was so interesting that I decided to join and start an RI chapter. So I am now the chairwoman of the Dining For Women RI Chapter. The idea is that women get together and "dine in", and the money they would have spent "dining out" then gets collected and donated to a designated non profit of the month. Of course the first meeting I host, which was called Cocktails for a Cause, fell on the same day as the latest snow storm. Despite the weather and therefore low attendance, we still managed to raise $275, which when added to the collective DFW organization will make a nice contribution to January's non profit Darfur Peace and Development. In the latest newsletter, which was before the end of the month, they had already raised almost $5,000 for Darfur. I want to thank those that braved the storm, and those that contributed even though they couldn't make it. And I'm going to hold you all to attending the next one. Seriously, doing charity work like this couldn't be easier and more fun.
DFW:: Women Helping Women One Dinner At A Time!!!!
Nancy giving a little talk about our upcoming Until the Violence Stops festival.
Little Miss Teagan did not want to go to bed, so she stayed up with the girls while Owen and Daddy went to watch the game. Thanks for the pics below Nancy.





No comments:
Post a Comment