Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Owenisms

Here are a few things our funny little boy has said lately:

[Trust me, there are so many more that I wish I had written down to tell him later.]


  • When staying over at Mimi's house one night, we asked Owen if he wanted to sleep by himself on the pull out couch rather than in bed with us. This was his response, "A pull out couch? So can you pee in it?"
  • Every night when I put Owen to bed we talk about how much we love each other. We say things like, "I love you more than all the leaves on the trees, or all the stars in the sky." Owen has come up with some really good ones, but one of my favorites is when he said, "Mama, I love you more than all the dinosaurs that are dead!"
  • I think Owen has an incredible vocabulary for his age and good pronunciation too. However, there are a few words that he mixes up a little, but we think it is adorable. Here are a few: without (wibout), helicopter (hepicopter), hospital (hopistipal)
  • He also has troubles with his SP words, for example spoon. He makes more of an F sound, sounding like sfoon. One day while driving in the car we were working on pronouncing SP words. I said, "Owen say s-s-s-p-p-oon, s-p-o-o-n, spoon." So he then said, "s-s-s-booger!" Seriously, he is too funny sometimes!
  • When Owen likes something his favorite expression is, "That's AWESOME!"
  • The other day we were talking about how big Teagan is getting and Owen said, "Yeah, but she isn't as big as me. Look Mama, (Owen stands up and puts his hands to his sides.), I can't even touch my toes anymore."

Oh, how we LOVE our BIG O!!!!

No comments: