Owen loved the ferry ride of course.

Teagan's first ferry ride. Owen's was last summer when we went to the Hamptons.

Approaching the island...
We left our car on the mainland and took our bikes and the trailer for the kids to get around the island. Because we left so early in the morning we were all starving. First stop, breakfast in New Harbor at The Narragansett, which is an old house, on a hill by the water, turned into a hotel.
After breakfast Owen and I rolled down this hill, which was a little steeper than I realized, but still fun.

The island is surrounded with seventeen miles of beautiful sandy beaches and huge bluffs on one side. We biked, what seemed to be miles and miles of hills, to the bluffs to finally relax and play.
When we first found the bluffs we were at a trail that was too treacherous to go down with the kids, but it was an amazing place to take it all in.

We biked a little further and found the stairs! All 141 of them!

At the bottom of the stiars there is a section of rocks that you have to climb down to get to the beach. Owen did such a great job of going down and then of course wanted to go climb back up it.

There is a stream of fresh water that goes down to the beach.

Finally we made it!

Owen is showing me his hands covered in the clay that comes from where the water coming from the bluffs hits the salt water. People come from all over to cover their bodies in this iron rich clay for its healing properties.


Teagan wasn't too sure about the cold water at first.


I was so impressed with Owen's rock climbing abilities. At first I was a little nervous and honestly wanted him to come down, but once I saw how easily he maneuvered through them I left him to explore.

I love the concentration on his face in this picture.

Look at him, seriously! I think we might have a rock climber on our hands.

Coming down was a little bit harder than going up, but he made it.
I took this picture to show how Teagan crawls up on her tippy toes. Plus, I love the ruffles on her bum.


We took a walk down to the end of the beach where we found some rock sculptures. I love this picture of my two boys and their footprints.


Footprints: Owen, Mama, Daddy

After our time at the bluffs it was back on the bikes to find some lunch. I took this picture while riding my bike. I should have taken a picture of all the hills we had to ride up and down. What a work-out!
Owen actually asked me to take this picture of him. He said, "Take a picture of me up here Mama. Can you believe I climbed up here all by myself?" Isn't it funny the way their minds work. He was so proud of himself for climbing up on this well, but didn't even think about how impressive it was that he was climbing the side of a mountain.

Owen wanted to see the catch of the day on our way to lunch.

After our late lunch we walked around the cute little town for a bit and then it was time to head home. The ferry ride back was extremely windy but relaxing after all that bike riding.
Unloading off the ferry.

We had an amazing day and will definitely go back again.


No comments:
Post a Comment