If you know me, I have never really been big on birthdays, or not mine at least. So having a party for myself is not something I would do. I do however, take advantage of the fact that it is my birthday and therefore get to do something I enjoy. This year was a very good example of that. I had a great birthday weekend in fact. It started on the Thursday before my birthday, which happened to be Gallery Night in Providence. We met up with one of Owen's new friends from preschool, Michael, and his parents at the RISD museum to see the latest exhibit
Inner City. I thought the boys would like it because it was made of hundreds of tiny ceramic "worker guys" as Owen calls them. Then we all went to dinner at
Temple, which is a funky designed restaurant with good food. It was a fun night. Then on Saturday Mike watched Teagan so Owen and I could have a movie date. We went and saw Where the Wild Things Are, which was artistically done very well, but not necessarily a childrens' movie. Owen seemed to enjoy it though, and I enjoyed our conversation about it in the car ride home. Then that night we went to our friend's Tom and O'Rya's house for an Oktoberfest party, which was low key fun and kid friendly. Just what I was in the mood for. We had good food, yummy pretzels, and I brought cheese fondue. Then on my actual birthday I got to sleep in and have a wonderful breakfast made by my incredible husband. It doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for a great birthday weekend everyone!
Pictures from Inner City:




Michael and Owen partaking in a little clay workshop.


Pics from Oktoberfest:

Teagan making fast friends.


Owen reading to the babies.

Tat and Mason
No comments:
Post a Comment