Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Autumn in the Berkshires

Before Nana and Papa headed back home, the kids and I met up with them in the Berkshires for a mini vacation. This is my second time there now, and I love it. It is such a beautiful place with good old family fun and a sense of peacefulness.
Owen hid under the condo's staircase while I was unpacking the car and then surprised me as a "bear". "Because they have lots of bears in all these trees Mama!"


We went exploring... with my camera of course!










Nana singing in the rain.





Back in the condo Owen and Teagan took turns using the little vacuum. Why don't they do that at home? Someday!

It wouldn't be the Berkshires without day trips. First we headed to the Norman Rockwell museum, which I loved and Owen somewhat enjoyed. He actually did ask me a lot of questions about the paintings and would even move on to the next one and say, "tell me about this one now Mama". But his favorite part was running around on the grounds of course.
Nana and Owen creating their own Norman Rockwell inspired pictures.



Then we headed to the famous Red Lion Inn for lunch.



One thing I love about staying in condos while traveling is that they usually have full kitchens. I took advantage of this and brought the goodies to make cookies. It was a fun way to occupy Owen and then have a treat to eat while there.

The next day we went to the Red Lion Inn for lunch again. We had planned on going somewhere else, but they were too full. We weren't too disappointed though because we really liked the Red Lion. Owen loved the huge pumpkins outside of the inn, but wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken, again.

After lunch we headed to a nearby farm to pick pumpkins and go on a pirate inspired corn maze.

Owen was very serious about reading the map for the maze. He wouldn't put it down as you will see in the pictures, and made sure to show us the way.





Nana walking the plank.







Did I mention I love Autumn in the Berkshires?


I had fun having my own little photo shoot on the back porch. By the way, Teagan is wearing one of my old sweaters.


The expression on Teagan's face is perfect in this picture. She surprised herself by putting her foot through the rails.


Owen loves his sister... just a little TOO much sometimes.

Owen was being silly and dancing in the background.

Then he was helping his siter "walk", which is something we do often lately. She thinks it's hilarious.


All that goofing around made us tired.

After naptime we headed to the playground.



Thanks for the fun hat Nordlunds. Teagan loves it!


Thanks for a fun little get-away Nana and Papa! We had a blast!

No comments: