Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Vagina Monologues

Last weekend I performed in The Vagina Monologues as part of the third annual Until The Violence Stops: RI Festival.  Although I was a little reluctant, and rather prefer sitting on the board than performing, I have to admit it was a lot of fun and I am very proud I was part of such an amazing group of women. 
Me performing my monologue, I Was There In The Room, which is about playwright Eve Ensler's experience being part of her grandaughter's birth.

Lulu Locks performing a fun number about the different kinds of orgasims.  Lulu is the master mind behind Providence Pin Up.

We presented Tab Gavlin with a special pillow to thank her for directing the play.
Showing off my hair that was done by a stylist from Lulu's salon.

My parents came in town for the weekend.  Their trip was short but sweet.  Thanks for coming and for you rlove and support as always!

It was so nice to have support from my friends and family not only for the performance, but also the festival.  Tat and brave husband Willy D came to show some V-Love.  Amy volunteered as an usher and also dragged her hubby, sister and her hubby, along with Mike the night before to help put together the tent. Thanks again guys!

Bruce and Angela came for their second performance two years in a row.  Now that's some V-Love! Thanks for the beautiful yellow roses too.

It was quite comical trying to get a picture of the three of us with my camera. In the end my mom tried to take one of the three of us herself to be funny, but Angela obviously got cut off.

This picture of me, Amy, and Bethany is actually from my Red Tent event the next day.  To see pics of the tent I designed, click here.

1 comment:

amy said...

I'm so sorry we missed the Red Tent. I hope Mike told you we had to go to PA. It looks FABULOUS!