Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our Last "Trip" East

I call this blog entry Our Last "Trip" East, because after August 10th we will officially be living on the east coast. As you can imagine, this past week since we have been home from our trip east has been very busy so I am just now putting the pics from our trip on the blog. The trip itself was very busy too with job interviews and house hunting. But here are some pics of us relaxing and having fun with friends and family. We started off the trip by staying at the Greene's house.

Pat had a softball game so we took dinner, and the boys had fun watching and playing. Above is a picture of Owen yelling at the game after he heard us. Too funny! Below the boys had fun running the bases after the game was over.


After a couple of days with interviews and house hunting, Amy insisted we had a good old New England day, so we walked the Cliff Walk in Newport and then had lunch at Flo's Clam Shack on the beach. It was beautiful and a lot of fun.




This is what they call red tide. The waves were full of red seaweed coming into shore. The locals don't like it, but I thought it was cool. I guess pretty soon I won't like it either.


Then it was up to the Willard property in MA for the rest of the week. This is where we will be living until our place in Chicago sells and we can buy in RI. Beautiful, isn't it! Although we love this place, we appreciate your continued prayers that things fall into place and our condo sells soon. It would be so nice to have it all settled and to move into the house we found and love in RI. Until that happens, we are so thankful to have amazing parents to help with the transition.


Owen taking a nap with Grammy.

The boys and their toys.


A playdate with Angela's friend Rita and her grandaughter Sophie.



We took Owen to see the neighbor's horses. Just as I was about to take him out of the wagon to pet them, Gunther decided to try and bite Mike. He got his shirt, which was close enough for me and that meant Owen was staying just where he was. Angela actually ended up going for a ride on Gunther later in the week and he was just fine.


The next day we took Owen in the wagon up through the woods to Marshall Farm to see their animals and get some homemade icecream.


They have a half zebra, half donkey that they call a Zedonk. We called it a Zonkey. They also had a miniature horse that Owen thought was really funny and two baby camels.




I took these in the garden. I was trying to do a little photo shoot for a Fuzzi Bunz contest, which you will see more pics of later.



This is the Willard's new puppy, Callie. She is very sweet and likes to cuddle.


It is still strange to think the next time you see pics from the east coast it will be because we are living there! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

The Process said...

So beautiful. Although I hate to see you leave, I'm excited that your destination is the East Coast!