Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas 2009

This post is a mess for some reason and I can't get it to go the way I want.  So, here it is, as is...
I think most pictures speak for themselves, so I will just highlight a few things.

We spent Christmas weekend at the Willard's and had a wonderful time eating, sledding, and just goofing around.


Owen and I went outside to go sledding while the others rested.  I decided to take Teagan too and she was perfectly content just watching us from the swings.  This was after an early morning of waking up and opening presents, but since I can't get the pictures in order sledding comes first.

Later Mimi joined us and had a blast too!  She (aka Santa) bought Owen, and Teagan technically too, two awesome sleds that will last for a years to come and went super fast.   Thanks again!

I love this picture of Mimi as her sled finally came to a stop.  So cute!

My contribution to Christmas dinner, Gryere Scalloped Potatoes. Yum!

These pics of Uncle Timmy and Auntie Sadye are actually from the day after Christmas.  The snow had started to melt a little so the sleds weren't as fast, but they still had fun all bundled up.

I had to take a picture of Auntie Sadye in all her gear because we always make fun of her when she comes UP NORTH.

This is an ornament I made for Mimi and Grumpa. It's hard to see, but it's a picture of her with Moonbeam.

My annual tradition of taking a picture of the kids sleeping infront of the Christmas tree.  This is proving to be more difficult each year, so we'll see how long it lasts.  I still love to see the difference from year to year though.

Mimi and Grumpa bought the Wii for Christmas.  We all had a lot of fun with it, some more than others...

Opening presents Christmas morning.  I bought Mike a Sweatsedo with the initials B.D. embroidered on the chest for Big Daddy.  It was hilarious and awesome at the same time.

I have to comment on this present Owen is wearing.  I bought it at the dollar store, literally for a dollar as a stocking stuffer and he wears it almost every day.  I have no idea what it is, but Owen has turned it into many different things depending on what we are playing. Too funny.

Our neighbor, Bill, works for Hasbro, the enormous toy company based out of RI.  A couple of days before Christmas he brought over a huge pile of toys.  So, I put aside the present we had bought Owen for his birthday and instead picked something from the pile.  The rest of the toys we have been giving away as birthday presents and donated a few too.  As you can see from his expression, Owen was very excited about his big new GI Joe truck and guy.

Doing scratch tickets with Daddy, a Willard stocking stuffer tradition.

Nana and Papa bought Teagan a Bitty Baby by American Girl.  She of course loved it, as she goes crazy for babies.  I had told Grammy Helen that she was getting it, so she made the baby a sweater, hat and booties.  Not only were they adorable, but so was watching Teagan and her excitement.

Kitty had fun playing with Owen's new robotic dinasour from Mimi and Grumpa.

Owen got this kit from cousin Nick and his wife Janice on Christmas Eve.  He really enjoyed painting it while waiting for dinner.  He even painted a wooden tank Nana and Papa bought him on one of their trips.

This is an ornament I made for the newlyweds.  I love this picture of them from their honeymoon. They are wrapped in a towel Sadye's sister gave them that says Just Married.

Teagan loved opening presents, but I thought it was interesting how she sat so quietly watching others opening theirs too.  She is so sweet.  By the way, she is wearing one of my old shirts.
We had a nice peaceful Christmas enjoying our loving family, just as it should be.  Thank you everyone, for EVERYTHING.

No comments: