The Tuesday before Christmas Uncle Timmy and Auntie Sadye came into town, which we were all very excited about because it was a last minute surprise. After Owen's school party, which I couldn't stay for because I had to go to work (hence the only pic below that I took when I dropped him off), we picked up Uncle Timmy and headed up to the Willards'. We got there just before Mimi and Grumpa were home with Auntie Sadye who flew into Boston. It was a crazy day, but so nice to all settle down together and play with the new kitty.
The new kitty, whose name I'm still not sure of. They asked Owen to name her and he went from Eva to Sabrina, to something else too. {Eva and Sabrina are two of his girlfriends from school.} Regardless, this little kitty is adorable.



Then it was finally time for bed after a long day. Teagan came to say goodnight, but couldn't find the kitty. This is her new thing lately. Whenever you ask her where someone or something is, she puts her hands in the air. Adorable!
The next day was Christmas Eve and the feasting began!!!! Angela and the boys made an amazing dinner with the tradition of seven seafood dishes that Italians typically have on Christmas Eve, although technically I think we had even more than seven. It was delicious!
While waiting for dinner, Owen had fun showing Uncle Timmy some of his computer skills, which I will have to post about sometime.
Teagan, still too chicken to walk without holding on to things at this point, was making her way around the kitchen. Also making her new funny puckered lip face. She is wearing a very cute sweater that Great Auntie Joyce made her for her birthday.












After dinner we went over to Uncle and Auntie's house to exchange gifts. Owen was very excited about the new lantern he got, which we now use to read books with at bedtime. Thanks Auntie!
Then it was down to the basement to see the cars! Both of Mike's cousins, Nick and Jessica, and Uncle race different kinds of cars. They keep them at the house and Owen of course loves going down there.
Me and Nick. I'm showing off my scarf that Auntie made and the fact that I'm wearing some of their mechanic working boots.
Back upstairs it was time for Ronnie's famous grab box. Ronnie is Auntie's brother and he is hilarious. He must spend weeks making this grab box. Each person pulls a string to get a surprise at the end. The presents are wrapped in anything and everything he finds around the house from toilet paper rolls to kleenex boxes. Usually these presents are different so you never know what you are going to get. This year however, each one was either a scratch ticket or a pair of work gloves. It was so funny! He also made a few "surprises".
Jessica's mother-in-law got one of Ronnie's "special" surprises. It was a "bird feeder" he made that could expand. I can't remember what it was made out of, but it was funny nonetheless.

Timmy, wearing a pair of the gloves, got another one of Ronnie's special presents. It was some kind of made up gift certificate with a picture of himself on it.

Timmy, wearing a pair of the gloves, got another one of Ronnie's special presents. It was some kind of made up gift certificate with a picture of himself on it.























No comments:
Post a Comment