Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Ocean State Update

Living in Rhode Island, the "Ocean State", it is only natural that people spend their time going to the beach and eating seafood. Also, because the states are so small, people often go on little day trips to other states. We took Owen to another new state for him, New Hampshire, to a neat little beach town called Hampton Beach. We stopped at the famous seafood restaurant Brown's, where to no surprise Owen ate whatever we put in front of him including scallops, haddock, clams, and coleslaw.





The beach was a sea of people in both directions.



A couple of days later Owen and I met up with Amy and Riley to do what else, but go to the beach. This time we went to Second Beach in Newport. I didn't stay very long, hence the single photo, because I had to find a daycare facility for Owen to go to. Amy kindly watched the boys while I was away. A very brave pregnant lady she is.


Yes, Owen will be going to daycare now three days a week because I accepted a job at Design Within Reach in Providence. Like most things, it is very bitter-sweet. I am excited about my new job and think it will be a great place for me to start out here, but I am sad that Owen will now be going to daycare. However, I also think it will be good for him, and that Growing Children of Providence will do just what its name implies and help him to learn and grow. On another note, our condo in Chicago finally closed on Friday, so we are officially east coasters. Our search for the best house here still continues, but we are excited that things are falling into place and couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Rya Nicole said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying your new "home". Hope all is going well. LYLAS