
I know it is cliche to say that your child is amazing, but it is true, Owen is amazing. He learns and grows so quickly that sometimes I find it hard to keep up. When I was trying to find a daycare facility for Owen they asked me if I wanted to put him in the Yearlings classroom, which is one to two year olds, or if he should go in the Toddler classroom, which is two to three year olds. I wasn't sure which one would be better so the director asked me a couple of questions. Does he walk? Well, he walks occasionally, but most often he is running, jumping, and climbing over everything. Does he say any words yet like Mama? I thought to myself and then said to her that I thought he probably had about fifteen words and could sign a few key things too. Then I thought about it more and realized that he probably had even more words than that, and decided that I would write down all the words that Owen says at 18 months old. Here is what I came up with, but I am sure there are some I am forgetting. Oh, and after the director met Owen and saw that he is as big as all the toddlers and bigger than quite a few, could use his words better than some, and was more agile than most, she put him in the Toddler Room. On Owen's first full day of daycare he cried in the morning and then quickly made himself at home. At snack time he ate his snack and then everyone else's at the table. Thought you would enjoy that!
Owen's Words at 18 Months:
Balloon (still Bvoom)
Shoe
GiGi (Great Gram), also the name of one of his little girlfriends in daycare
Danger (This is one of our favorites because of the way that he says it. "Danga")
Up
Down
Out (As soon as we are up and out of bed he is at the front door saying out!)
Hot
On
Off
Open
Hat
Bubble(s) I don't think he really says the 's'.
Again (This one Riley Rose made famous and Owen is following suit.)
Diesel
I know, I know, I know (Very funny!)
Hey!
No
Key (He loves the car, tractor, anything that has a key and he knows where they go.)
Drink
Apple (Another one of our favorties because of how sweet his voice is when he says it.)
Mama
Dadda
Why?
Mine (Doesn't really use it yet, thank goodness.)
Ball
Bike
Bye-Bye
Baby
Boat
Bird
Ouch (Often referring to Angela's bird because it bites.)
Bite
Barn
Ice
Eye
Ear
Nose
He can identify the above body parts, as well as hair, head, mouth, chin, hand, and foot. (All of which he knows if I ask him in Swedish although we haven't done that in a while.)
Hi
Uh-oh
Oh-no
Nej (for Horse)
Meow (for cat)
Makes other animal noises, but doesn't refer to the animals by them like cat and horse.
Animal noises: pig, cow, duck, horse, cat, goat/sheep, anything that says "rar" like a tiger, lion, bear, etc.
Stinks (Our word for going to the bathroom.)
Vroom (This is for motorcycles, jetskis, cool cars, trucks, and all those things little boys like.)
Bam! Boom! Boomba!
Dink (This means he wants to clink glasses to say cheers. He loves that.)
Riley
Kika (This is our nickname for Aunt Karen. Owen pronounces it Kiki-a.)
Nana
Papa
Still makes signs for: eat (this one happens all day long), drink, more, and all done


No comments:
Post a Comment