Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

1 Year, 1 Month, 1 Week, & 1 Day

Today Owen is one year, one month, one week, and one day old! (I only know because of the ticker on his blog, but I thought it was a fun thing to mention.) Now that he is walking, he has really become his own little person. Walking is without a doubt his choice of transportation, and usually not in the direction that Diesel and I want to go. When we walk up and down the block Owen turns and walks up every sidewalk leading to the houses saying Hi and waving his hand. It is very cute.
He is also exploring his home in a new way. Just when we thought the house was "baby-proofed", Owen taught us that nothing will ever be completely baby-proofed. He gets into anything and everything possible! Mike and I joke and call him Monster Baby, though purely in a loving way I assure you. Here is an example of what I mean, Owen will open the dishwasher and start pulling out the silverware. When I tell him no and start to walk towards him, he looks at me and then starts pulling out more as fast as he can. This process happens with the trash, his clothes drawers, really anything that he can pull out of somewhere. Then if I lock the dishwasher so he can't open it, he turns the dials so it starts running with nothing in it. It is a fun little game we play, but I couldn't be happier to play it or anything else he wants. We do love our Monster Baby!!!!



Here are a couple of pictures of his new hiding place.

No comments: