Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Providence Roller Derby

You might remember a couple of months ago I told you about the Sound Session Parade that I was a part of with the board that I am on for V-Day: Until the Violence Stops. The board I am on is called the Providence Pussy Posse {PPP} and we are responsible for hosting a week long festival with over twenty events to raise awareness and funds to end violence against women and girls. Anyway, one of the events that I personally am trying to coordinate is a fundraiser with the Providence Roller Derby Girls. I wouldn't say they have been reluctant to work with us, but they needed a little nudge. So I got some of the other board members and friends to go to their last bout this past weekend to show our PPP support. They also let me put up an information table about our upcoming festival, which I think was the first step towards working together. The night was a blast and it was awesome to see them in action!

We all wore our Providence Pussy Posse T-shirts, even Mike, and people kept asking us about them so Owen would in turn show them his T-shirt. It was really cute. Here he is showing Daddy his shirt, which read, "I don't look for trouble, it follows me." I thought that was appropriate considering we were watching roller derby.

Amy and her twin sister Bethany came with their fams.

After it got started they got VIP seating, which made me a little nervous I must admit.

The girls in action...




Some of the other board members and their kids.


Here are a couple of pics from the parade that were just emailed to me.

No comments: