
I think it is so funny that Owen is a month older than Gwen and now Linnea's second baby will be a month older than Willard baby #2. I don't remember us planning that one when we were roommates freshman year!

Owen and Gwen had a great time together and were instant friends, as if they were never apart. They loved showing eachother things at the zoo, making funny faces in the car, and just being goofy.


Does it get any cuter than these two?!

Next we headed to Flat Top, the first stop on my food oriented day, to have lunch with Joan. Owen unfortunately slept through the entire lunch, but Gwen was very sweet and she and Joan hit it off.

After lunch we stopped by this little hole in the wall Taqueria to pick up a couple bags of my favorite tortilla chips, and then headed over to see my "little girls". {Minus Maggie sadly, who was out of town.} Even though they weren't really little girls when I left, they definetely aren't now! {I will however, always refer to them as "my little girls".}


It was so good to see them. As much as they have changed they are still the same, and I love that! I'm so proud of the young women they have become.

Owen looks like he is proposing to them in this picture.

After visiting the girls, Linnea dropped us off with Barbara and Sanne and we headed back to our old condo building to stay with the Nordlunds. It was so nice to stay with them and spend some quality time. Seeing Sanne was especially fun because she had grown and changed so much. When we moved Owen called her baby, and now she was his new "my friend" who could walk around and play with him.

We took a walk down our old street and said hello to some neighbors who were very excited to see Owen and the fact that baby #2 is on its way. We do miss our old hood.
(Owen and Sanne taking a break.)

Then it was time for dinner!!!! Because we hadn't eaten enough through out the day. But I can't explain how much I miss stuffed cheese pizza from Calo, so that was a must have considering we were only in Chicago for one day/night. It was just as good as I remember!

The next morning we took one more walk down our old street and then Jen picked us up to go out for breakfast and then take us to the train to South Bend.

We went to Ann Sather's in Andersonville for some sticky buns and Swedish pancakes, yum. After walking around a little and spending some time with Jen it was time for our train.
(Thanks for the ride Jen. It was good to see you!)

Once we got to the lake it was non-stop play with cousin Riley, who Owen could not get enough of. But first we had to clean all the outside toys. You are never too young to start helping out at the Wyllie household.

They had a blast getting all soapy and then having Aunt Bev squirt them off with the hose.

Aidan was a blast to see too. He has also changed so much in such a short time. We just saw him for Owen's birthday in March and already he is a different little boy. Very cute and always smiling, but a little stinker too. He loves to run up and pinch you in the bum and run away. Too funny.


The next morning the kids were up early and ready to go. They really were so adorable together always holding hands to walk down the dock.


"We don't need bathing suits and sun tan lotion Aunt Jamie, it's morning!" Ok Rosers, whatever you say, just stay in the shallow area because I'm still in my pj's and I don't think the neighbors would like it if I were skinny dipping at 8 AM too. Oh, to be a kid again!

Then Papa joined us and it was time for the "hot pool".

A little later people started showing up for a "surprise" early 30th birthday party/baby shower for me since we won't be home again until who knows when. Thank you so much everyone for coming! What a wonderful day, and who doesn't love getting presents especially when they are unexpected.
Owen and Riley helping Uncle Larry with the sweet corn. One of my presents, that I loved! I promise I did do other things than just eat on this trip.

Aunt Barbara, Alexis, Rya, and Melissa lounging on the swing.

Sanne and Leah on their swing.

Nicole hanging with the kids to eat lunch.

Then it was time for cake. Owen had no problem helping himself.
Thanks for the special Texas Sheet Cake too Aunt Bev!


Finally time for swimming!


I think Owen looks like a super hero in his one piece bathing suit with life jacket built in, but this was the ultimate SUPER WEDGE!!!!

Sanne and Aidan hanging out.

Then we piled everyone into the boat for a trip around the lake.
I love this picture of Barbara. It reminds me of an old one of my mom.


Adorable Rya...




Time for swimming with Nana and some of the great Aunts!




Dinner in town with Nicole and Rya. Too bad we are going to miss meeting Lawler baby #2 by just a couple of weeks.

On our last day we dressed the kids up in some cute outfits Nana bought to have a little photo shoot before the Ohio Gang came to visit. They were anything but interested, so it was a no go sadly. (I also didn't get any pictures of the Ohio visitors, oops.) It was good to see them and have lunch together though.

Owen expressing his lack of interest...

Later I snuck a few shots of him playing around in the yard from far away.


So, as you can see we had a wonderful trip filled with lots of friends, family and food!!!! It doesn't get any better than that!!!! Thank you everyone! We love and miss you all already.


1 comment:
Jae...it was so great to see you and Owen as well and I had such a good time with you guys, short though it was! We didn't get a photo of the two of us...next time!!!
Glad you had a wonderful time and thanks for sharing all the fantastic photos :)
Post a Comment