- Owen and I have been spending some time on the Willard property on my days off. Owen has been having a blast playing in the garden with Mimi, while I work on my Tree of Life project that you will see next month.
- Mike's grandma Louise (Owen calls her Gigi) is in the hospital, but will hopefully be going home this weekend. Please pray for her to get better and not to be in so much pain.
- On Monday I took Owen to a sleep specialist, Judith Owens who was recently on the Today Show. If you don't know our struggle, Owen goes to sleep just fine at a normal bedtime, but then wakes up anywhere from 5-20 times a night. He also won't put himself back to sleep. It only takes a minute each time, but he comes into our room and then we walk him back to his, he climbs in bed, and goes back to sleep right away until the next time. Our goal is to get him to wake up and stay in bed. This is much easier said than done. Hopefully with some new tips from the specialist we will be able to achieve this. In the meantime we are having X-Rays done to make sure that he doesn't have sleep apnia, which I don't think he does.
- The Celtics are in the playoffs!!!! This is not new news, however, we happen to have tickets to all the home games of this round, which is huge!!!! For Mike's 30th birthday I bought him a twelve game pack, which made him a partial season ticket owner. Because of that his name was put into a lottery system to get tickets for the playoffs at face value. He got this round! On Tuesday, Mike, Kenny and I went to the game. It was amazing! The intensity of the crowd was overwhelming. We had a great time and they won!
- We all stayed overnight at the Willard's the night of the game because they were watching Owen. Mike drove into RI with his dad to go to work and Owen and I spent another wonderful day with Mimi and the dogs. However, the "wonderful" day quickly turned into a day from HELL! While driving back to RI, an hour and half drive, I was pulled over. No big deal really, except that my driver's license was in Mike's wallet and my registration was folded up in the millions of papers that RI requires you to have. After Owen won the not-so-nice-in-the-beginning cop over by telling him his name repeatedly and yelling "Hi Guy!" until the cop acknowledged him, I got a warning for speeding and a $35 fine for not having a license on me. Whew! That was close! We continued driving with another 30-45 minutes left, when a horrible smell came from the back of the car. Diesel had gone diarhea! I pulled over on the side of the highway and cleaned it the best I could with the five baby wipes I had left and then we were back on the road. I wonder, does AAA roadside assistance cover dog diarhea clean-up?
- We finally arrived at Mike's school in time to pick him up, drop the sick dog at home praying he doesn't leave us a surprise in the house, and then went straight to a fundraiser at Moses Brown School for our friend Shawn's organization Longitude. Students from both Moses Brown High School and Mike's school, Highlander, performed. They were all very impressive from the improv act to the Step and Salsa dance performances.
- So, that was the past few days. This weekend we have a wedding, I have to work a Westminister Kid's Festival, Diesel has a vet appointment for a mysterious rash in addition to the diahrea, and there is a million things to do around the house as usual. All in a typical week of the 'Gris'Willards.
- Unfortunately, I can't find my camera, so no pictures from the game, the students dancing, or anything else the past few weeks. The pictures below are older ones because I know I would get in trouble if I posted without pics.


Mike, me, and Kenny at one of the first games this season. Probably the only game we weren't decked out in Celtic's gear.

Mike, me, and Willy D at a game earlier this season against the Caveliers, who we just beat in the last round of the playoffs!

Mike introducing Owen to Celtic's head coach Doc Rivers, at Owen's first game in Chicago against the Bulls.



1 comment:
Wow...how busy are you!? You sound super-happy though which is always a plus when dealing with every day life! It was so good to talk to you yesterday! :)
Post a Comment