On Thursday night when I got home from work, I pulled up to the house to a strange rental car in my driveway. It was Kika, Riley Rose, and Aidan! I couldn't believe it. I knew that Nana and Papa were coming the next day, but was totally surprised to see the Beckers.
What a great start to an incredible 2nd birthday weekend!
I was especially excited because our family is known to surprise people with me as guest somewhere, for example me surprising mom in London or showing up at Riley's birthday(s) in FL with or without Aunt Bev. And this time they finally got me, and I loved it!
I also loved the fact that now I had helpers to get ready for Owen's birthday party.
The next day we played, ran errands, and started to bake. {The last of which you will see might not have been the best plan.}




Time for the party to begin...

We were blessed with many friends and family members for the Big O's birthday party. It was so nice to have everyone together. I think it is safe to say we all had a great time, especially Owen although a little overwhelmed at times. 'Girl' Riley finally met 'Boy' Riley, and we had fun playing with 'Big' Aidan and 'Little' Aidan.



Owen couldn't wait to open all his presents. We caught him climbing up to the table and taking bags down.


'Big' Aidan with dad, Eric Greene, and Uncle Timmy.

'Little' Aidan being silly.




Here is Bethany holding baby Keller, and Shawn and Laura with baby Asher. Shawn teaches second grade with Mike, but he also started an organization called Longitude, which is where we made a donation in honor of Owen's 2nd birthday. Longitude's mission is to empower visionary leaders of grassroots educational and human rights initiatives in developing countries by providing them with resources, volunteers, and support services. Most of their work has been in Ghana and India. After Shawn said a quick word about their work, it was time for Owen to open presents.

Riley had picked this outfit out for Owen and for himself, as you can see. He was very proud of that. It was really cute.



Grammy Helen made this tractor sweater for Owen's birthday. Another incredible piece by her to add to the collection.

Opening cards with Auntie Sadaye.

Just two more presents big guy, and they're good ones I promise.

Uncle Timmy and Auntie Sadaye got Owen this cool indoor/outdoor basketball hoop. Thank goodness too because all Owen talks about is "hoop".

Then we unveiled the masterpiece that Grandpa Bruce made, which deserves its own post that I will do at a later date.

Time for decorating cookies!!!!


Christopher and Patrick loaded theirs up with toppings.







Owen got a little shy when it was time to sing Happy Birthday, but quickly snapped out of it when he saw his icecream cake Mama and Aunt Kika made.





Owen shares his birthday with Grandpa Bruce, or as he calls him, Grumpa. In honor of Grumpa, I attemped to make his favorite dessert, lemon marange pie. My first mistake was making it the day before. The marange shrunk and the filling turned to liquid. It was definitely one of my best "pretty" cakes ever, which I am famous for. Poor Aunt Bev, whose recipe I used, I am sure is looking at this in pain. But you all love me and what is that saying, "It's the thought that counts!"?!






Uncle Timmy playing school with Rosers as Auntie Sadaye and Aidan enjoy the new rocking horse Grumpa made.

Because he didn't have enough sugar, Owen ends the day with a popsicle with Uncle Timmy before he had to leave.

Playing peek-a-boo with Tat. Even two year olds like that game.

The next day we had breakfast with Nana and then went for a walk in the woods.




We had such a great weekend with cousins, friends and family. Owen was sad to see everyone go. Thank you everyone for coming to the party, for your presents, and most of all your love!


3 comments:
It looks like I missed a great party! Wish I could have been one of the surprises. What a saint Bruce is to have actually ate that pie! I laughed hysterically at those pictures. Happy Birthday Owen. Love, Aunt Bev
AWWW congrats owen! the big 2!
he looks JUST LIKE you and mike.
tell Owen I say
"HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!"
♥ Becca
Post a Comment