









A tree also fell on their neighbor's house, but it seems like there was little to no damage.
Here are some pictures of the interior. It is a little scary.



I cannot thank God enough for protecting my parents from the damage to their house and I pray that this hole mess is taken care of quickly. I wish I could be there to help out, but I know that there really isn't anything I could do now anyway. The house is uninhabitable and the entire structure might have to be torn down. An engineer will be there in a couple of days to determine wheather it can be repaired or needs to be taken down. Please pray for my parents as they deal with this.


4 comments:
I saw something on the news, but I wasn't sure if it was your parents house or not. I am so sorry that this happened and am really glad to hear that they were not home. I hope that everything works out for the best.
Nathan and I were just commenting on the storms in Chicago and how incredible it was that all the big trees seemed to fall on the streets and sidewalks and not the houses. Guess not. So sorry to hear about this, please keep us posted!
Holy Cow! I can't believe how the tree sliced through the house like a hot knife through butter. Thank God no one was home. We'll be thinking of them. We hope all is well with you guys. Emma ask for Diesel all the time!
Take Care -
Steve
Oh my gosh! that is so scary. Yea, the friday after that storm my school was cancelled (only 2nd day of school) because we had a power outage. Across the street from my school a HUGE tree split in half and took of part of this person's roof. looked similar. =/ i'll pray for your parents =]
Love, Becca R.
Post a Comment