Leave it to Babs, (aka Barbara Nordlund), to start "Friday Fika". Originally intended to get together a group of her girlfriends for what the swedes call fika, and my scottish family would call afternoon tea, Friday Fika has evolved into a playgroup that I am thankful for. Although not all that attend have children, the majority do, or soon will. I am thankful for this monthly meeting of the minds. It is a time for us to get together and talk about nothing that has to do with the babies, and then focus on nothing but the babies. We laugh, learn, and rejoice in this amazing time in our lives. We share stories, recipies, update eachother on our day to day, insight on being a new and young mother, I almost always give a little speech about cloth diapers trying to be an advocate that I think is so important, and just share giggles from the little ones. Here are a few pics of the babes, although some left before we brought out the cameras.




1 comment:
I'm so excited to bring a little guest next time (she already has a social calendar)!
Post a Comment