Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Glimpse of Summer: June

This summer was AWESOME to put it simply.  It flew by like they always do, but every day was fully enjoyed I can promise you that.  Especially since I was officially unemployed and therefore home to actually enjoy it.  Teagan started the summer wanting to do everything her big "Bra" did, and ended the summer completely making her own decisions, coming up with her own games, and finally using words.  Owen was never bored.  He had countless adventures, star wars battles, bike races, and so, so much more.
Summer officially started with Owen's end of the year school festival, then it was off to countless trips up and down our street with the neighbor boys, Parker (5), Preston (7), and Calvin (11).
For some reason it isn't letting me write between the pictures, so I'll tell you a little story about the skateboarding pics here instead.  We bought Owen the skateboard for his 4th bday, but he never really got to use it because of weather or the street being to muddy/rocky.  One day we decided to "train" on the skateboard so I of course had my camera ready.  As we were putting all his gear on, (helmet, elbow and knee pads), we looked down and there was Teagan on the skateboard and headed down the street. It was hilarious really.  So the pics you see of her were taken right away and were not staged at all.
 

No comments: