This is the picture I used for the invitation.

I made capes for all of the kids coming with their initials, even the babies, and then decorated the staircase with them until they took them down to put on.

Here's the dining room before the party.

My mom and I made large cutouts of the birthday boy as a centerpiece.

Here's Papa "entertaining" the kids while we finished getting everything ready. Nana and Papa came in town as a surprise for Owen's birthday, but secretly I had a suspision they were coming. No Aunt Kika and the kids this year though sadly.

Finally it was time for the party. I loved seeing all of the kids arriving in their costumes, especially the neighbor boys who rode up on their bikes in costume. Too funny!

The party was a blast, but chaotic of course. I decided to let Owen open presents as people arrived. He was excited about that and wanted to start playing with everything right away. This however made it challenging to get any good pictures. It was hard to get any pictures of the kids in general, who were all over the place understandably. Shortly after the party started I gave up on the idea of getting a picture of all the kids in their capes!
Here's Owen opening presents with our nanny Amanda, and his little friend Lilly.

O'Rya and Henry. Henry didn't have a superhero costume, so they dressed him as a hero instead. Love it!

We were so blessed to have all of our friends and family over for the party. Mike's Uncle, Auntie, and cousins came down too with Grammy Helen.

Then it was time for cake. Another one for the "pretty" cake club!


Nana holding Teagan in her superhero costume.



Three pregnant super mamas to be, Bethany, Tatiana, and Caitlin.


Kenny came down from Boston with his kids Tate and Felix, and his girlfriend Amy and her daugther. It was so fun to see everyone getting into the spirit of the party.

The Powers even came from New Hampshire for the party. Here is Owen giving Carey a big hug goodbye.

Amanda stayed afterwards to help Nana and me clean up. What would we do without her?! Thanks again for all the help.

Teagan found a comfy place to relax.

The next day Nana and Papa had to go home so we snapped a few more photos with them.


Because I know everyone is wondering what incredible thing Grumpa Bruce made for Owen's birthday this year, here it is...

Isn't it awesome?! And it works too! Thanks again Grumpa! And thanks Mimi for making your delicious food for the party.

These are masks I had for everyone to decorate. They were black and then you scratched it off to reveal color underneath.


Thank you everyone for a wonderful birthday!!!! It was truly one to remember!


3 comments:
oh yay! thanks for posting this! we were so bummed we couldn't come at the last minute. did you see my post with cass wearing the cape? it's so awesome!
Great decorating and favors Jae. Looks like it was a wonderful party and fun for all. Good turn out too! That doesn't look like a pretty cake. It looks like a real cake. I'll have to make one of these birthdays some day. Love, Aunt Bev
Too cute!!! Love all the pictures and your ideas for a great looking party! Looks like everyone had a great time!!!!
Post a Comment