
Because we use cloth diapers with Owen, but didn't start until he was around four months old, many people have asked what we are using for Teagan. So I thought I would share. In a couple of weeks we will switch her over to small Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers that we are getting from a friend and then eventually she will use the ones that we have had for Owen. That is part of the beauty of using cloth diapers, you don't have to keep buying them! Until then, I found some eco-friendly disposables that are actually biodegradable. They are from Sweden of course! The company is called Nature Babycare and I encourage you to look at their website if you are in need of diapers and just don't think you can do cloth (although I promise it is easier than you think!). Click here to go to their site, which might be interesting even if you don't need diapers.
We are also using their wipes because they are biodegradable as well. Now some of you might think this next part is a little extreme, however if I am going to do something I am going to do it all the way. I read in a green book for the home that even though some diapers are chlorine free and claim to be biodegradable, they won't actually break down in a landfill because of the plastics in them and methane gasses from other things surrounding them in all the waste. So, because these diapers actually are biodegradable we are composting them ourselves along with the wipes on the Willard property. Trust me, I know I sound crazy, but I'm doing it anyway!


And Owen I am proud to say has pretty much been potty trained for the past two months, with a few accidents now and then. He wears big boy undies all day, even when we are out in public, and then wears a cloth version of pull-ups for naps. The cloth pull-ups are by another Swedish company called Imse Vimse. I love them.


1 comment:
You're not crazy at all. Composting is super easy . . .
we've been using nature baby too and they work really well. expensive but good.
Post a Comment