For a couple of months now we have put Owen on the toilet encouraging him to use the "potty". This has by no means been something consistent, nor would I consider us to the stage of potty training. However, I think Owen is trying to tell us that he is ready and in a major way. While in the Hamptons, twice when I was getting a diaper ready to change him he told me he had to go "stinks" (as we call it) and wanted to go on the toilet. We were very excited and talked about how we really needed to start the potty training process. Well today Owen decided he would do it for himself. Mike was in another room and heard water running in the bathroom. He went in to find Owen, without a diaper on, washing his hands while standing on his little toilet we have for him. Mike asked him what he was doing and he said he had gone stinks. Sure enough, there it was in the little potty. I am very proud to say the least and think this is hysterical because it really shows how independent my little man is. I guess the time has come and potty training is upon us!
Any suggestions or stories of success you want to share are welcomed. Wish us luck!
{Sorry, no pictures for this post!}
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Way to go Owen! Hillarious visual to your story (although I am thankful that you did not attached photos of said stinks). Please let us know how it goes . . . as always I'm sure it's one of those things that is unique to each child and family but it is always nice to learn how others go about things too. Good luck!
Awwww!!!! What a cute little guy you have! Chloe (my niece) is in the same boat and she just used the potty by herself yesterday for the first time...amazing what you can be proud of your kids for doing! Good luck!
Post a Comment