Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Is Here

This past week Mike had his Spring break, and what a beautiful week to be off too. The weather was perfect with the sun shining every day. I had a couple of days off too so we spent time playing in the yard and going to the awesome playground behind our local library. We also went hiking with Shawn and Asher and the dogs in a very nice park, but forgot the camera. Oh well.

Having moved into our house in the Autumn, we don't really know what is planted in our garden that goes around the perimeter of the house so we are excited to see what comes up. So far we have some miniature Daffadills.
For Christmas Angela bought me a very nice counter top composter, which is now full of course. So I built a compost in the backyard off to the side and attached it to the fence. I love having a yard now and being able to do these things, although I must admit I am learning along the way. Next step vegetable garden!!!! (Anyone have tricks to keep those adorable bunnies out?!)


Owen has been talking up a storm lately. He speaks in full sentences or sentence fragments almost all of the time now, and has no problem voicing his opinion. (He is my son after all.) While we were playing in the garden pulling dead leaves and such he decided to put himself in time-out on the front step. When I asked him why he was in time out he said because he was throwing rocks. I thought that was a good reason although I didn't see him do it. It was very funny! He even came over to me when his "time-out" was over and apologized. Too cute kid!


The Playground...








1 comment:

JLC Studio said...

Awwww...he's getting sooo big! And I can't get over how he put himself in time out and then apologized afterward! Way to teach him right girl! That is too cute!

I totally remember measuring that home I posted on my blog with you and you practically having to climb inside the wall to measure (and getting covered with drywall dust!).

BTW...you won the cuff on my Weekly Win It last week!! I'm gonna pass your email on to Bran so that she can mail it out to you!

P.S. I hope you're doing okay after your tough news a few weeks ago :) I wish we could get together for a glass of wine or something!!

Luv Ya!!!