Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting Older?!

Every day Owen does something to remind us that he is getting older and growing out of our little baby boy and into a real toddler. Sometimes he impresses us with a new word or putting more words together to form new sentences, and other times it is something life changing... like climbing out of his crib for the first time. That's right, the night before last we had a difficult night. All three of us were sick and Owen kept waking up. After consoling him multiple times, I decided to let him cry it out. As I lay there wide awake in my usual position, stuck between my giant dog and 6'6" husband, listening to him cry, I realized that the crying was getting closer. I jumped up saying, "He's in the hallway!" In doing so, Mike woke up from his medicine indused coma, Diesel jumped out of bed, and we all ran into the hallway to make sure Owen was ok. He was of course, but spent the rest of the night or morning as it was, in bed with us. It was actually very funny thinking back on our reaction. So I guess now it is time to transition him into his toddler bed, something I wasn't quite ready for. Wish us luck! And any advice is always welcomed.

I found the video below as I was downloading the camera and thought you would all enjoy it. This is from the end of December and it is a clear representation of how quickly children and their speech develop. Owen is struggling to open a banana and uses noises to show his frustration. Now two months later he can use words to ask us for help, although he still has a very funny word for banana. (Notice the tongue!)


And now for the pictures, because we all know that is what you really want.
On Diesel's birthday we took the boys to the pet store and then a new dog park. Owen took a break while we shopped with Diesel for a special treat.

The dog park is actually a bunch of trails that meet up in a little open space. Owen loved following Diesel around through the trees and then back onto the paths.



We found this fort down one of the paths.

A couple of days later it snowed and we went for a walk in the woods at the end of our street. (That's our house on the right.) The picture below is Owen saying, "No Mama! No camera... PLEASE!" I love the way he says camera, too bad that isn't on video. {Grammy Helen made the hat.}




2 comments:

The Process said...

Sorry I missed you again last night. Sanne was in rare form and there was no way I was going to be able to talk : )

Remember when Owen pretty much fell out of the crib when he was like 8 months?! He's been asking for a bed for a long time! Obviously I can't give you advice on the transition but I do know that a lot of people start with both in the room and take naps in the big boy bed. . . does he sleep on a little cot at day care? Keep us posted on how the transition goes!

JLC Studio said...

He's soo cute...I miss you guys!!