Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Daddy's Birthday

It is extremely difficult for me to surprise Mike with anything. Partly because I am really bad with surprises, get too excited and end up telling, and partly because Mike always guesses everything. This year however, I succeeded! I gave Bruce some plans to make a cornhole set, I ordered the special Celtics bean bags, and then painted the set. All without Mike knowing anything. All this and I even took the kids up to his parents' house without him to paint the set, and Owen didn't even spoil the surprise. He was also very proud of himself for not telling Daddy the secret. Mike was very excited, although a little disappointed because he had planned on making the set himself. It was funny actually because a week or so after I gave Bruce the plans, Mike told his dad about them and how he wanted him to help make it. Oops!
We met Bruce at Mike's school on his birthday to give him his birthday present.
These are the special regulation bean bags that I had custom made with Celtics fabric. {You gotta love Etsy!}

One of the boards that I painted with a picture of Lucky. Thanks again for all of your help Bruce! As usual, I couldn't do my projects without you.

Mike's birthday happened to fall on the Friday of Labor Day weekend, so we used it as an excuse to have a "Birthday/Back to School/Labor Day party". I sent out an evite titled, "Every Good BBQ Ends With Smores". The party was a lot of fun and it was nice to have some of our friends, family, and coworkers all come together.
Here are some pics from the party... don't mind the blury/faded pics, my camera is slowly quitting on me.

This is AJ and Cassidy, who is a few weeks younger than Teagan. They are already good friends babbling together and sticking their fingers in eachothers faces. Good times!

Isn't she adorable?! She already stands all by herself without holding on to anything and has eight teeth.

Breaking in the cornhole set.

Here you can see the other board that I painted with the Celtics logo.

Shawn, Laura, and Asher Rubin
[If you haven't already, don't forget to check out their organization Longitude and make a donation before September 30th!]

Some of our new friends since we have moved to RI, Danny and Keri. They both have sons around Owen's age and we all belong to the YMCA together.

I found Owen, Aidan, and Riley hanging out down by the water. Up to no good, I'm sure. We are going to have our hands full with these three amigos!

Surprisingly they weren't doing anything except eating some cookies they had snatched before eating dinner. It was a party after all.




We had a late night, kids included (except mine who both passed out at about 9 o'clock), and around 11:30 we decided to give Mike his birthday cake that his mom had bought for him even though we had already started eating it earlier in the evening and the only candle I could find was a zero. Oh well, happy birthday Daddy!

It was a fun party and reminded us just how lucky we are to have such a great group of people surrounding us here. Thanks everyone.

No comments: