As many of you know, Owen loves to talk. Everyday he is saying something new, or at least trying by repeating the sounds or last word he hears. Lately he has been saying short sentences and phrases, some of which I thought were worth mentioning.
- I got it!
- I find it.
- Where is it? (Insert various words for it like ball, Diesel, drink, etc.)
- I want it! This one is cute sometimes and not so cute other times. But with the phrase, "I want" comes other important sentence structure building tools that I am impressed he has already learned. For example he often refers to his Daddy as Mike or the possesive my Mike. So rather than just saying, "I want ball", he has put it together to say, "I want my Mike" or "I want my Mama." I love this. Although it is often heartbreaking when he says, "I want my Mike," it is still very cute.
- Owen eat it. (Owen could be replaced with Mama, Diesel, etc. When he is done eating dinner Owen usually calls Diesel over with a loud "D" or "Bubba" followed by, "Diesel eat it.")
- More _________ please. (Sometimes the blank is filled in, but mostly it is referring to food and he just says more please.)
- I know! I know! I know!
- Oh man! This one is very funny. I don't typically think it is fair to blame something on daycare, for example many parents will say their child learned to hit at daycare. I think most of what they learn at daycare they could have learned anywhere or even started doing it on their own like hitting, which is instinctual. But this is a phrase that Mike and I don't typically say and Owen uses often and in context, which leads me to believe that one of his little friends must say it at daycare. Either way, it is hilarious and we love it when he says it.


5 comments:
when did owen turn into a little boy?!? what a cutie. glad you guys are doing well...congrats on the house and everything working out so well out there!
That is too funny and I can't believe how big he is getting. We miss you guys! LYLAS :-)
Love, Jim, Nicole & Rya
That is hilarious! I can't believe how big he is getting. We miss you guys, Rya especially misses her little boyfriend.
LYLAS - Jim, Nicole & Rya
oh my gosh! i bet he is growing up to be such a handsome little man =] the girls and i miss you all so much!
Love, Grace
PS- don't forget about our roadtrip!
Love the video! Linnea's right, Owen is changing so fast!
Post a Comment