Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And I thank God!

After posting the paper towel pictures, I couldn't stop thinking about how Owen is truely experiencing everything this world has to offer for the first time. It isn't like going on a vacation and visiting some historic landmark or having an exotic meal you never tasted. Because in these instances you have a preconceived notion of what you are going to see and some idea of the different tastes that will cross your palate. It is such an amazing process, life, that is. I love watching Owen's expressions when he experiences something new, like putting his hand on my cold drink or getting that first fist full of Diesel fur. I love the way his head whips around at new sounds on our daily walks with the dog. I love the way he surprises himself by making new sounds, by mouth and by banging things on any surface possible. I love the way his face lights up when he splashes water in his bath. I love the way his face grimaces when he tastes something new. Every day I try to put myself in his place and see the world through his wide eyes, if only for a moment. And it makes me smile! And I thank God!

No comments: